Friday 18 October 2013

Lip lock kiss with deepika Padukone in Ram Leela is the best kiss in Hindi cinema

Lip lock kiss with deepika Padukone in Ram Leela is the best kiss in Hindi cinema
The first trailer of Ram Leela had the filmy folks and aam junta going gaga over the chemistry between Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone. There is a bit of voyeuristic delight in a real-life couple steaming it up on the big screen. So this intense love story based on Romeo Juliet is of twice the interest because Romeo Ranveer and ladylove Deepika will be seen on the big screen for the first time. I decided to grill him about all things romantic. And Ranveer was more than game. Here he talks about romance, romancing Deepika (if only on screen) and why they make such a great couple (again, on screen) Read on...

All-time favourite romantic film
Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. I was a kid when I saw it. It’s the most iconic movie. It’s got a rom-com kind of feel to it because there are a lot of light moments in it. Kudos to Adi sir (Aditya Chopra), who made his debut with such a great movie. The songs, the dynamics between the characters, Shah Rukh Khan’s character... everything was just right.

Favourite Hindi cinema screen jodi...
Anushka (Sharma) and me. She was my first co-star so that’s the special connection with her. She and I always have a conflict as performers. Conflict makes a scene, a story, a film watchable. We have that inherent quality because of this conflict.

Favourite Hollywood romance...
Romantic movies are my least favourite genre. I love movies that are twisted. It may seem a little hypocritical because I am a romantic hero. But from the ones I have seen I’ll pick Casablanca and Notorious.

Favourite love song...
Tujhe Dekha Toh Yeh Jaana Sanam from DDLJ and Aye Ajnabi from Dil Se.

Your favourite romance novel...
I don’t read at all.

Romeo or Casanova?
Romeo is more interesting because uski life mein drama bahut hai. I relate to him because when I love, I love like him. There’s passion, loyalty, devotion... all of it.

First crush...
Ms Melrose McGill. My first standard teacher. She was a short, fair Christian teacher. Now that I am talking about her, I think I’ll try to find her on Facebook. She was the sweetest, most special teacher ever.

First heartbreak...
When I was in the first standard there was a girl in my class who I had a huge crush on. I wrote to her saying, ‘I love you. Do you love me?’ I put the note in her daily calendar. She handed it over to the class teacher, who gave it to the principal and that got me into a lot of trouble. She and I went on to become great friends. We went to same college, studied in America together. She got married recently and I cried at her wedding. The wedding took place on a beach. The whole setting was a little surreal. Her parents were crying and I couldn’t hold back my tears.

Love is...
Indescribable.

Intense vs flirty romance
I like the fun and flirty romances, but because of the kind of person I am, my relationships have always been intense.

A quality in a woman that draws you?
I like genuineness and warmth. Sometimes what happens is that a person behaves differently with different people. But when a person is as warm, kind, caring, sensitive and nice to everyone then that is something I find very attractive. That is what I look for and need in a person.

A quality that’s likely to put you off
Body odour.

Ranveer: the boyfriend
I am an amazing boyfriend…the best boyfriend ever. I am an awesome boyfriend. I haven’t always been an awesome boyfriend. I have been an idiot, but I have learnt, matured, improved and become very, very good.

Is there a Miss Perfect?
Nobody is perfect.

Live-in relationships...
They are really, really good. I think they come without the baggage of marriage, yet they give you the opportunity to bond with a person at a very deep level. Sharing your space with a person is very intimate. You get that without the tag of marriage so I love live-in relationships. I think they work fabulously.

Three things about your romantic pairing with Deepika that beats other jodis…
First, we look good together because she’s all grace and I am absolutely raw. Second, our energies mix well together. And third, she’s the perfect foil for me as an actor.

Would you call your pair the hottest this year?
I absolutely think so. When I see what we’ve shot a year ago now that I have some objectivity even I am stunned. I feel like this is some great stuff. I am proud to say that I am one half of a pair that has chemistry that people have not seen in a long time.

Is it true that the lip-lock scene was so intense that you didn’t hear ‘cut’?
I forgot to give my reaction. I was a bit lost in the moment…hota hai yaar!

Is your lip-lock with Deepika the hottest kiss ever filmed in a Hindi film?
Yes, I think so. I hope that there will be no objection to the kiss because it’s a beautiful kiss. I hope they don’t cut the duration because it’s a long kiss. It’s the best kiss you’ll ever see in a Hindi movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.